Thursday, April 11, 2024

GOD knows my Name (SJA) - Algoa Bay Port Elizabeth

GOD KNOWS MY NAME

Thank You Lord, with all my heart, that You have died for me,

And You have written down my name for all eternity;

A name unknown within this world - that much is very true;

Though I've not done amazing things - my name is known to You.

----------------

The friends I have may let me down and even let me go;

But Your love lasts forever - Your Word has told me so;

Whilst men just honour beauty - the rich - the strong - the wise,

To them belongs the glory - at least in THEIR own eyes!

----------------

And though it would be tempting to have my name appear

upon some fancy billboard, and loud applause to hear;

Mankind is very fickle and only cares for fame

which doesn't last forever - they'd soon forget my name.

----------------

While few may even know me and I can't seek acclaim,

May I not boast in anything and only praise YOUR Name;

And I would rather have my name remembered, Lord, by You;

Please help me to be faithful in all I say and do.

Copyright SJA