Saturday, November 6, 2010

Laying Down Our Life for the Bride


Laying Down Our Life for the Bride
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1, by Os Hillman
11-05-2010

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father" (John 10:17,18).

Jesus was called to lay down His life for His bride, the Church. Men are called to emulate this same "laying down" our lives for our wives - our earthly brides. Men are to be a physical representation of what Christ has done for each of us. As we men do this, we experience the love of the Father. Wives will experience the love of the Father as husbands do this. Most of us men fight this process due to our own insecurities, independence, pride and ego. However, it is the very laying down our lives that allows us to connect to the Father just as Jesus connected to His Father.........”


Today God Is First (TGIF) devotional message, Copyright by Os Hillman, Marketplace Leaders

Picture Title and Quote [story from] from the website www.simplydivinelove.blogspot.com

The writer of this article may not necessarily agree with the views of this blog. This blog wishes to Glorify JESUS.