Tuesday, August 21, 2012

PRAISING, SERVING & LOVING HIM

 PRAISING, SERVING & LOVING HIM


You have so much to teach me, Lord, and much I need to learn,

Please give me strength to do Your will, as I Your voice discern,

My mind is full of selfish thoughts that crowd Your Presence out,

Help me to rid myself of all that causes fear and doubt.



I need to learn to praise You, Lord – I do not praise enough,

I praise You when I’m happy, but seldom when life’s rough;

Help me to know You love me, no matter what takes place,

And give me faith and courage to run a steadfast race.



I need to learn to serve You, You’ve done so much for me,

And others need to know You, so they too can be free;

Fill me with zeal and fervour to be of use to You

Lead me to where You want me, show me what I can do.



I need to learn to love You, because You first loved me,

To love You just for dying, in pain, at Calvary;

It’s always very easy to live when there’s reward,

But teach me how to love You, with love like Yours, dear Lord.



I don’t deserve Your love and grace – I’m filled with so much shame,

Yet You reached down and touched me, and called me by my name,

Through tenderness and mercy, You gave me all I own,

And You have promised faithfully that I am not alone.



Thank You for all the things You’ve done, for what You will yet do,

And though there may be many trials I still must struggle through,

If I keep looking up at You, and on Your Spirit lean,

Live in Your Word, and hold Your hand, I will know joy serene.



Looking at the Saviour

Leaning on the Spirit

Living in the Scriptures


Reproduced by kind Permission
Copyright SJA