Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Harvest Christian Church Port Elizabeth



-56-
65. I BELIEVE (23)
Though I seem so small as I gaze around and see the things You’ve made
And Your power and might astounds me, I never feel afraid,
The extent of Your greatness I will never quite conceive
Yet I know You’re there – and that You care – and somehow, I believe.

Your handiwork is evident in things both large and small
So how can there be anyone who can’t believe at all?
The mountains, seas and rivers in this world are just a part
And the perfume of the roses portray Your tender heart.

When sunlight filters through the clouds and Your rainbow can be seen
When crystal-coloured raindrops leave the grass all fresh and green,
When the spring arrives in season, buds pushing through the sod –
The beauty of creation confirms that You are God.

When branches of the oak trees are outstretched to the sky,
And tiny, feathered, baby birds start learning how to fly,
When newborn calves and foals and lambs first struggle to their feet
I’m sure that You are gentle to have made things be so sweet.

Wandering through a forest, with just a whispering breeze,
Seeing tiny little insects, birds singing in the trees,
Or standing at the ocean, in my hands a pink-tinged shell
convinces me without a doubt that You are very real.

When snowflakes flutter silently to settle on the ground,
‘til every hill and valley in a coat of white is found,
When streams and lakes are frozen, like mirrors, on the land
I’m filled with awe, for here too, I see Your ruling hand.

At evening when the sun sets, its fiery, crimson glow
is something else to prove that You are watching down below
And when at last the twinkling stars and moon begin to shine
I’m made aware each planet is Your very own design.

The seasons come and go each year in just the way You’ve planned
And day and night are always there, well-ordered by Your hand,
And even when storms threaten, and in fury begin to increase
I’m filled with Your tranquility, serenity, and peace.

Life passes by so quickly, and is always filled with much
that can take one’s eyes from heaven, and seeing Your heavenly touch,
Yet to wake up in the morning to a garden drenched with dew
I’m filled with joy for knowing that I belong to You.

Whilst standing on the corner of a busy, bustling street
and watching all the people rushing by on hurried feet;
I see so many people and not one who’s quite the same,
All made by You, and known by You, yes, everyone by name.

Each time I look at a baby, all dimpled, and pink, and new,
I’m reminded by its perfection, that it was made by You,
And even then the miracle and wonder of its birth
brings back to me the fact that this is how You came to earth.

I believe the Holy Bible is Your complete, precious, Word,
I believe You love Your children, that their every prayer is heard,
You weren’t too great to see man’s state – his need of Your salvation,
In spite of all Your majesty, revealed through Your creation.

Used with permission
SJA
copyright