Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Harvest Christian School Port Elizabeth



Harvest Christian School is a Ministry of Harvest Christian Church

-55-
64. THE JOY OF BEING A CHRISTIAN (23)
Whenever I compare myself with others round about
I soon become despondent and filled with fear and doubt,
Yet others, though they may succeed and earn a great reward
They’ll never know true happiness until they know the Lord.

My life is full of meaning for I’m God’s own precious child,
And even though the world around is wicked – evil – wild,
I have a peace within my heart that no one can destroy,
For Jesus loves me as I am, and fills my life with joy.

Nothing I could ever do could help me find the way,
My nature, being so sinful, the sin was there to stay
‘til Christ reached down and touched me – and took away my sin
and broke the hold that Satan had, and set me free within.

Things round about are changing and crumbling with decay,
Nothing seems for certain, things worsen every day;
But I’m secure because I know God understands and cares,
He’s always there to comfort, and banish all my fears.

The moments come when I feel down and nothing turns out right,
But I believe, because “we walk by faith and not by sight”
God gives His children problems to test their faith and trust
Yet even then He’s with them, for He’s merciful and just.

He left so many promises for us to freely claim,
He’ll keep His Word forever, for He’ll always be the same,
One promise He must still fulfill to those who are His own,
He said He’s coming back one day to fetch His children home.

I have this hope that one day my Jesus I will meet
and when I get to heaven, I’ll sit down at His feet
and gaze upon His lovely face, forever, through the years,
All heartache will be worthwhile when He wipes away my tears.

Used with permission
SJA
copyright