Sunday, January 16, 2011

GOD is Able - Algoa Bay Port Elizabeth

2 Corinthians 9:8

When I am overwhelmed by tasks that I must often face
and feel exhausted by life’s constant stress and hectic pace,
When I seem weak and helpless with things I cannot do,
I know my God is able and that He’ll see me through.

There’ll always be another who achieves far more than I
and many will succeed in life when I can only try;
There will be days of struggle when nothing goes my way
but, yes, my God is able – He’ll give me strength each day.

I must not be defeated or give up, though I may fail,
And I must never let the gloomy clouds of doubt prevail;
I must not be discouraged or be crushed by dark despair
for God alone is able – He’ll keep me in His care.

God’s grace is quite sufficient and He thus enables me,
God’s power helps me to be the best that I could ever be,
God’s love is always with me as He holds me in His hand,
God’s Word says He is able and upon this truth I stand.

I will not seek the glory and the empty praise of man,
I’ll seek, instead, to do God’s will, and in His strength I can,
I long to hear His loving words say, “Precious child, well done!”
So I’ll praise God Who is able until life’s race is run.

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times,
having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”

Transcribed by permission
SJA
Copyright