Prince Alfreds Guard regiment S Africa
the colours being handed over to the mayor at town hall Port Elizabeth 1969.
Prince Alfred's Guard (PAG) is an infantry regiment of the South African Army. A reserve unit,The Regiment is located in the city of Port Elizabeth.
Prince Alfred's Guard was established on 19 September 1856 as the Port Elizabeth Volunteer Rifle Corps. In 1860 the title Prince Alfred's Guard was assumed unofficially (after Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh) and on 11 July 1874 this name was officially sanctioned as Prince Alfred's Volunteer Guard. The name was later changed to Prince Alfred's Guard.
It has fought in all the major wars South Africa has been involved in Including WWII where it fought alongside the 24th Guards Brigade
Picture source and quotation: