Friday, March 5, 2010

Children's Stories Sub A's Eastern Cape


Picture downloaded
www.simplydivinelove.blogspot.com

These are children’s stories from the sixties, the offspring of the 1820 Settlers in the Eastern Cape. This compilation was put together by a dedicated teacher as a Christmas gift for parents to enjoy and keep. I hope you get as much enjoyment from it as I did.

Dear Mommee and Dadi,
We Hoap you injooy reading ol our nuoose.
We hav lots ov fun. Plees don’t hav us up for Libile.
Averi Happi Crismiss to evreabodi.

(from the Sub A. Class at Vincent Primary School, East London – 1965).
and Miss Lickin (Dickin)

My mother went to u metin yesterday with my grane and onte and she brot me u luc pact. M.E.

At lost the const haz stotd I am a fere.
J.E.

I hav sum glosis wid you lice to see them my bruthu broce them.
J.A.

Wee are teetching my duck to swim wee pot it in the Both and it swam and it bit the cord of the both.
R.A.

My father is going to by me a tyskill (tricycle) if y pos and I will ryd it on the fom.
S.v.Z.

We are going to the trance sky tommrrow.
D.B.

My mother is on dite.
J.F.

I went too my frend and he had sum dux.
S.K.

Mark is not kum to fech mi.
J.W.

The smoning wen I was havin my riskrispis mommy gave Davate sum and Davate he spillt them and mommy smact him.
C.G.

Janet came to play with me. We always have fun and wee had tea and biscist. Wheat a funny day.
S.D.

Granny side (said) wat wood you like for supper and I side lets have a wishing super and I wisht for sosijes and tomotow but we didn’t have sosijes so we tok a wok to the shop.
LvZ

I went to the nowsin home to see my onti and we saw the baby and the baby is (eyes) woo opin and how name is blind (Belinda).
L.F.

This moning I told Janet that at noosre school they have milk and rusks and Janet said no I will not dringk it and she poold a funee fas and she went to show my mommy and Daddy.
LvZ

Losnit I slept in dodis bed and it is soft and I slept ckumftbell and dadi tegld (tickled) me and I got ckros then he went away.
L.F.

We went to the Boosh to swing on the ropse.
PdL

I went to the beesh yesday and it was too cold so we went hom.
S.B.

I have a godn and I have sam liles and I have sam Konash (carnations).
J.W.

On Saturday we went too the eport and we saw the nuw jet just going of and we woor just in time.
B.M.

I poot my cat into the bocs and it had two hols on the sides and my pupi went post and my cat scrach my pupi on the side and it scrch the hol famle and it scrach me on my fing.
L.F.

I got drest oli (early) my muthe didn’t teyl me to get drest.
W.B.

I mit get a little pape fo crismis.
J.K-J

Yesturday monin mommy went to town and she got a chest a dros and she got Davide a bed and thay brot the chestedros and the matrs and the bed.
C.G.

We are gowing around for giefox Sharon is coming with me.
H.K.

We are not going rond for giefox this year and I don’t think its fere not at all. What a day.
S.D.

This morning Colleen was lorning mommy said wer did the 1820 setlus come from so I said inglind.
H.K.

My mommy is comeing to look at fotere-grofs.
G.E.

Miss. Emleey lics to plae the pour no (piano).
P.dL.

I lik Misis Pomu (Palmer) can I go and sho hoar (show her).
S.B.

I love Miss. Dickin she’s so sweet she as sweet as Julie Andruse.
S.D.

Mr. Alan is nise but he gets croos sameimse (sometimes)
S.vZ

Mis emlis is good to us she is prite she has lot ove hi (Hair)
S.K.

Miss dickin is 408 yes old. Miss dickin has pink eyes and has blow (blue) hands.
R.A.

Miss Dicn is twente five she has a husband I hope.
J.A.

I like Miss DIckn bekos I like her.
LvdM

Mrs fondhofu (van der Have) has grae hey and she is so nus.
J.W.

Yesteday we went to my Sunday school teacher to practis for a sort of saves (service) we are having.
H.K.

Misis emmslee has a lump of hair. She has jumppee finggis wen she please the pyeno.
R.A.

Mrs Dix has prittey hair but hse dusint were enic lipstick ur roosh.
J.A.

Mr. Alin has a woch and at pres he tells us hoo wun at krikt.
J.K-J.

Miss Dicn. Is funnee she makes me loof hoo hoo but wene I’m were (working) she tops us tooeing.
J.E.

My mommy has brown cely hiar and lickes siting wen she woshes clothes.
G.E.

My father likes too wolck at Grame Clarec he woclks on wilisise.
B.M.

On choosday nite when I was in bed and I got my doll and I poot it in my bed and when Daddy came to cis me he cisr my doll in sted off me.
C.G.

My father can fix scotes (scooters) and he can maick dubl beds and ckubs (cupboards)
L.F.

My father has grin eyes. My mother has blac her my mothers eyes are blow.
M.E.

Dade went on bis-nis yestday.
J.K-J

My Daddy has brown hear and green eyes and he wers a soot and he has wity pingky lips and he is thein.
LvZ

My mom is thin. My mom dus peetee. My dady must have a hercut my dady has strate her.
L.F.

Me and my momiy went to my ontey dafney.
D.B.

My Momey is a prittiy momey. My momey has a hsbind. My dadde pools my momes stockings.
J.E.

My father is macinge a spootnic and he ceeps it in my room and lost nite he had the recods on and the one was abot bomus (bombers) and the bomus wur dropping boms.
B.M.

(A note of explanation here. These were M.O.T.H. Show preparations)

Mr Alin is a nise hedmast. Mr Alin rigs the bel wen we mast stand strat.
J.W.

Miss Glos is my bruthus teech and my muthu said he must get a nuw book and my bruthu sad cuva (cover) my book and my muthu cuvad his booc and he poold the cuva awf.
W.B.

Copyright
2010