Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Irish Nuns of St Dominique's Priory Western Road Algoa Bay Port Elizabeth



THANKSGIVING

I’m filled with praise for You, dear Lord, so much for me You’ve done,
And even though I’ve been so blessed, You’ve only just begun;
I’ve seen so many people who are lost and all alone
who suffer want in many ways which I have never known.

Thank You Lord for everything – the family I love
and all the special blessings which You send from up above,
My health, my strength, my food, my clothes, the friends whom I hold dear,
The land where I can worship You, in freedom, without fear.

Thank You for the work I have and when at times I’m bored
Remind me of the hungry, and the sick and poor, please Lord,
And when it seems an effort to do the thing I do,
Give me an awareness that I’m doing it for you.

Thank You for my lovely home and for the love that’s shown,
So many pleasant memories; and joy I’ve always known.
Thank You for the happy times, the teasing, fun and laughter,
All these precious moments I’ll remember ever after.

Thank You, Lord, above all else, for dying just for me,
For saving me from hopelessness, and setting me quite free,
For choosing me to be Your child and for Your loving touch,
Oh, how I wish I had the grace to love You just as much.

Just why You are so good to me, I don’t quite understand,
And yet deep down within my soul, I know that You have planned
for me to serve You somewhere, in some unusual way,
And You will give me strength and grace and guide me every day.

And though at times my path gets rough and everything goes wrong,
And when I think it’s hopeless to even carry on;
I thank You too for times like these – for problems great and small
For then it’s very clear to me You hand is over all.

Reproduced with permission
Reflections
SJA