Sunday, March 7, 2010

GOD Cares (14) Algoa Bay Port Elizabeth

I walked along a forest path,
The air was fresh and sweet,
And then I heard a plaintive squeak,
And something fell at my feet.

I bent down with a murmured cry,
For on the ground there lay
A tiny sparrow with a broken wing,
It could no longer play.

I gathered it gently in my hands,
It lay warm and trembling there,
I put my lips to its feathers
to show it that I did care.

It looked at me with frightened eyes,
Its heart was beating fast.
I held it gently as I walked
Till all the trembling passed.

And as I walked the forest path,
This thought came to my mind,
If God cared for this little bird
how good He was, and kind.

And if He cared for this little bird
With its tiny, broken wing,
How much more must He care for me,
my Saviour, Lord and King.

Reproduced with Permission
SJA
Copyright