Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Hen Pecked Husband (13) Algoa Bay Port Elizabeth

A HEN-PECKED HUSBAND (12)
“Johnny, will you fix the tap?
It won’t run anymore,
Will you hurry as I need it
to scrub the dirty floor.”

“I’m coming, love, I’m coming,”
was her husband’s last implore,
“Hurry, hurry!” screamed his wife,
“And for Pete’s sake, shut the door!”

“I’m coming, love, I’m coming,
I’ll be there in a minute…!”
“…..Mind that bowl of water,
Now you’ve put your big foot in it!”

“Johnny, have you fixed the tap?
I can’t wait anymore,
JOHNNY! Look, your dirty shoes
Have made tracks across my floor!”

“I’m sorry, dear, I’m sorry”
cried the man, who, bathed in sweat,
was having trouble with the tap,
and had succeeded getting wet.

“Johnny, please get out of bed!”
(It was nearly ten to three)
“Johnny! There’s a burglar,
Hurry, go and see!”

“It’s no burglar, love”
cried the man in bitter tears,
“I’ve tripped and I regret to say,
that I’ve fallen down the stairs.”

“Johnny! Johnny! Please wake up,
I can’t sleep anymore.
And the explanation is –
That you consistently snore!”

So a man will suffer
His wife will keep him checked
But all the poor guy can say –
“Husbands do get hen-pecked!”